Monday, April 9, 2007

Thoughts from Grandma

I'm sitting here after hearing the latest in Indiana about domestic violence and wonder what God thinks and/or feels as he looks down and observes his creation. I understand how easy it is to get caught up in the negative and ugly of this world. I have never felt such rage as I do towards Cole's killer, but I keep reminding myself that if he was the only person on this earth, Jesus Christ would still have died for him. As we celebrated Easter yesterday, it was hard not to think of Cole, along with Jesus. I know he is where we all strive to get to, but I wish as his grandma I would have got there before him. I wish I knew all the answers, but I can have faith that God does and that is enough for me.

1 comment:

Tom Neyhart said...

You know you are so right, I often forget that Jesus died for Nick just as much for me. Everyone has been forgiven and made holy by the blood of Christ...even those who have never heard the gospel or chose to believe it. The difference is that we have claimed and accepted Christ as our own and have been given life. In accepting Christ we are not condemned, the gift has already been given to everyone but the sad truth is that many will deny this gift.